Thursday, January 20, 2011

All About Me.

Hello fellow bloggers. This week in Photo Journalism class I did a project called "All About Me." In this project, I had to make a collage of all the things that are important to me. In the process, we learned how to do many things on Photoshop like editing pictures, and putting them all together onto one document. Now I'm going to explain to you the reason I included some of these pictures in my project.

When I began to think about photographable objects that represent who I am, the first thing that came to mind was the horrible trait I inherited from my mother. My shopping addiction. To represent my love for clothes and jewelry I went to the Galleria and took pictures of some cool rings and tops I found. I also thought it'd be fun to throw in a cute "sale" sign in there. I also took a snapshot of a local Starbucks Coffee sign, because all of my money I don't spend shopping, I spend on Starbucks Green Tea. To prevent my project from making me look like a complete materialistic brat, I then decided to take pictures of things that show a different side of me. My colored pencils, the piano, and my treasured John Mayer concert ticket were good representations of my artistic side. The last things I thought of were the people who are most important to me. I then put in a picture of all my best friends and me last summer at Lake Travis. That picture represents so much, because not only are those all of my closest friends, but that was one of my favorite weekend trips I've ever been on.  That basically sums up all of the pictures in my project that aren't self explanatory (like the water and my perfume.)  Now, you know All About Me.

1 comment: